Monday, December 26, 2011

A SOCCER TEAM CAN INFLUENCE TEACHING

At the beginning of the semester I was so worried about my studies that I would withdraw in a corner of my room every day in order to study all day long. I soon noticed that I did not have any connection whit any social group. This situation of withdrawal for the intense studies, instead of being helpful to me, worsened my situation to the extent that I reached the edge of stress. Being conscious of this, I started doing sports. I joined the international students’ soccer team. Now we play soccer every Sunday and this is helpful to me. I started having fun, socializing with other students from different origins, and helping my entire body gain strength. I learned how to understand and communicate with the members of the team, how to share their feelings and improve my skills in soccer on the basis of theirs. I learned how to be a "good winner" as well as being a "good loser" while enjoying soccer for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respects and a sense of fellowship with my competitors.
         This team taught me something important for my teaching class. In class we always give a ball or receive it when we ask a question or answer to one. Doing sport also helps me start every week with confidence, strength and lot of energy. Learning how to organize the game, helps me in the organization of my classroom  keeping in mind that the class setting is like a team where every student should accounts if the class really wants to be effective. Knowledge is like a ball which should be shared through communication and fairplay like in soccer and not kept egoistically . In addition, learning how to interact with players from diverse social origins in the international students’ soccer team constitutes an advantage for me when dealing with a class made of students from divers social backgrounds. Indeed, that was how being a member of that international students’ soccer team helped me develop ways to “recharge my battery”, practice democratic principles, become active in my community and taught me some teaching skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment